Project Director, Colombia/Andes
Based in Bogotá, Silke Pfeiffer serves as Crisis Group’s Colombia/Andes Project Director. She is responsible for overseeing the rganization’s research and advocacy on Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela. Her team has looked at transitional justice, new illegal armed groups, security policy, drug trafficking as well as institutional and structural reform issues (such as land distribution) in Colombia; social, ethnic and territorial conflict dimensions in Bolivia, institutional problems in Venezuela as well as regional security issues. Silke frequently briefs the media, international organisations, and government representatives on these issues.
Areas of expertise:
- governance, democracy, anti-corruption, civil society
- development theories and international aid systems
- advocacy, strategy development, program management
- Americas Director, Transparency International
- Director, Transparency Program, Center for Implementation of Public Policies for Equity and Growth, CIPPEC, Argentina
- International Development Consultant for The World Bank, GTZ, International Council for Human Rights Policy etc.
- Lecturer at University of Potsdam, Universidad de Chile
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (fluent)
- German (native)
- Portuguese (conversational)
- French (conversational)
Click here for a high-resolution photo of Silke Pfeiffer.